Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key (why only one?) and reserve it for third

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key (why only one?) and reserve it for third-party packages
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 11:08:30 +0000

I'm not sure I understand your point here. Any single key that's picked will have a similar limitation.

With a single key you indeed have a limitation, but it's the limitation of the keyboard, not an arbirary one. You have full access to all letters, all digits, all symbols, combined or not with the control and/or meta modifier. That's a lot more than 26 or 52 keys.

For example, let's suppose that M-o is picked. That's my favourite, I know you don't like it.

It's in the proposal, it would be a perfect choice, together with C-o.