Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key (why only one?) and reserve it for third

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key (why only one?) and reserve it for third-party packages
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 18:50:23 +0000

I agree with Drew that the solution you propose is not user-friendly,

Huh? AFAIK, I've said nothing about what you guys seem to be talking about now. Please cite what you think I said about this, if you're going to make references to what I've said.

See:

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 20:48:11 +0000

in which you said:

Philip Kaludercic suggested some code for prompting users before mapping keys. I think that's a good idea.

Maybe that could be part of a solution. But many users will not appreciate, or not be prepared for, making such key-binding decisions at the outset and on the fly.