RE: [External] : Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key (why only one?) and res

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key (why only one?) and reserve it for third-party packages
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 23:30:06 +0000

> >> I agree with Drew that the solution you propose is not user-
> friendly,
> >
> > Huh?  AFAIK, I've said nothing about what you guys seem to be talking
> > about now.  Please cite what you think I said about this, if you're
> > going to make references to what I've said.
>
> See:
> Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 20:48:11 +0000
> look.com>

Please provide a URL next time.  I don't know how
(or care to know how) to find the message using
such an incantation.

> in which you said:
>
> >> Philip Kaludercic suggested some code for prompting users before
> >> mapping keys.  I think that's a good idea.
> >
> > Maybe that could be part of a solution.  But many users will not
> > appreciate, or not be prepared for, making such key-binding decisions
> > at the outset and on the fly.

Guilty as charged, I guess (haven't seen the context).

But I don't say that that is "not user-friendly".
I was saying that as it was presented it has
limited appeal - it might be made _part_ of a
workable solution; dunno.