Re: enriched mode loses bold on save, version 26.1, debian 10.3

From: Dan Hitt
Subject: Re: enriched mode loses bold on save, version 26.1, debian 10.3
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 18:15:37 -0800

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 6:30 PM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU
Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> Dan Hitt wrote:
>
> > I sent mail to bug-gnu-emac at gnu dot org including
> > detailed instructions starting from emacs -Q on how to
> > reproduce the bug. If i get a reply or a tracking number of
> > some sort i'll post it here.
>
> You can also use `report-emacs-bug' as you know, I'm sure.
> A tracking number looks like this - bug#46339 - and yours will
> be mailed to you before long. Subsequent discussion takes
> place at gmane.emacs.bugs but please do as you say and post
> the bug number here as often problems reappear and get googled
> and then it is good that everything is complete and
> interconnected for people to follow up on them easily :)

Thanks Emanuel.

The bug identifier is  bug#46507

I received it about 10 hours after i sent in the report.

The function report-emacs-bug is indeed helpful, at least for confirming
the right address to mail the report to.

The enriched mode does make it pretty easy to bold text, so i can rebold
before saving, although it would be more convenient if this were not
necessary.  :) :)

dan