Re: typeface for keyword

From: steve-humphreys
Subject: Re: typeface for keyword
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 19:06:54 +0100

> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 5:53 AM
> From: "Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: typeface for keyword
>
> steve-humphreys wrote:
>
> > It is a very useful utility. It was
> > "font-lock-keyword-face". Am trying to define a face that
> > I can change, so that the face is updated at multiple
> > locations, by simply changing the font lock face. But this
> > makes emacs complain.
> >
> > (defface tface
> >   '(:inherit font-lock-keyword-face)
> >   "Colour typeface to use.")
>
> If it is font-lock-keyword-face, why don't you just
> change that?
>
> Or is it something you like about that face, that you want to
> use for your face?

It will let users easily change the face. that occurs in various places
in the .el file.  Would also like to define my own face and call that in
"tface", for instance use "tfcdye" below.

(defface tfcdye
 '( (default :inherit bold)
 ( ((class color) (min-colors 88) (background light))
   :foreground "#FF0000" )
 ( ((class color) (min-colors 88) (background dark))
   :foreground "#FF0000" )
 (t :inherit font-lock-builtin-face) )
 "Colour typeface for tex commands.")