Re: A ton of marker entry in buffer-und-list

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: A ton of marker entry in buffer-und-list
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 01:21:31 +0100

Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:

> Hmmm, I just tried again and alas, I get the markers even without
> winner-mode. For some reason disabling winner-mode solved it when I
> last tested it. How strange.

Ok.

Now I used this:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun count-markers-in-buffer-undo-list ()
  "Message number of (different) markers in `buffer-undo-list'."
  (interactive)
  (require 'cl-lib)
  (message "%d" (length
                 (cl-delete-duplicates
                  (seq-filter #'markerp (flatten-tree (copy-tree
buffer-undo-list)))
                  :test #'eq))))
#+end_src

to get the number of different markers in `buffer-undo-list', after
reproducing the recipe.  The answer was always "1".  Just a bunch of
entries referring to one and the same marker.  That seems sane.

Are you able to provide a more pathological recipe?

Regards,

Michael.