Re: Reviewing versioned backups

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Reviewing versioned backups
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 08:38:05 +0000

On Monday, 22 Mar 2021 at 23:25, Jean Louis wrote:
> I am using RCS and to review some previous version I do: `C-x v ~
> VERSION-NUMBER` then I get full file visible in the buffer.

I think the OP is using the simple backup file method built-in to Emacs,
not a version control system, i.e. that files are backed up using a
simple numbering scheme.

For the OP: As far as I know the only way to see differences is to
manually do a diff on them.  But ediff and emerge, for instance, are
very good.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4.4 on Debian bullseye/sid