Re: Reviewing versioned backups

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Reviewing versioned backups
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 08:36:53 -0400

Not sure if this helps.  I have a bostr package:

    https://github.com/jsyjr/bostr

which does a Backup On Save To Rcs.  It is a straight
ripoff from Benjamin Rutt's and Conor Nash's earlier
Backup Each Save:

    https://github.com/conornash/backup-each-save

An important bostr virtue is that it does not litter my
directories with rcs artifacts.  I would dearly loves a
vc analog of git-timemachine:

    https://github.com/emacsmirror/git-timemachine

Then, when sitting in a backed-up buffer, I could easily
scroll through the previous versions of that file.

/john

--
John Yates
505 Tremont St, #803