"emacs-28.0.50 -q" and "emacs-28.0.50 -Q" with outline-minor-mode-highli

From: pauline-galea
Subject: "emacs-28.0.50 -q" and "emacs-28.0.50 -Q" with outline-minor-mode-highlight
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 21:17:34 +0200

> Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 at 7:04 AM
> From: "Philip Kaludercic" <philipk@posteo.net>
> To: pauline-galea@gmx.com
> Cc: "Help Gnu Emacs" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> Subject: Re: "emacs-28.0.50 -q" and "emacs-28.0.50 -Q" with
> outline-minor-mode-highlight
>
> pauline-galea@gmx.com writes:
>
> > All three subheaditgs look the same to me.  That was my point, the
> > result in not pretty
> > and the capability requires more work.
>
> My bad then, I thought you were saying that the headlines were not
> highlighted at all.

I was pointing out that different headline levels are not being highlighted
differently as the code implies.  Thanks for confirming.

> > For instance, changing the
> > faces would also change
> > those heading highlighting.  This does not seem to bother the
> > maintainers whilst expecting
> > other to be ok with it, terning down requests for improvements.
>
> I looked over it, and it does seem like a bug, as the wrong face is
> being applied. My guess is that outline-font-lock-face is returning the
> wrong face.
>
> Did you report this as a proper bug?

Have seen some bug reports, only to have the bug reports closed by the
maintainers
because the p9roblems do not bother them.  Would need some help to convince
them.

You seem to understand what's wrong.