Re: Fortran Topics (outline-minor-mode, require, fixed format)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Fortran Topics (outline-minor-mode, require, fixed format)
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 00:56:19 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-30 00:26]:
> For fortran-mode and f90 mode, outline-minor-mode could be set the same way.
>
> !! Heading Level 1
> !!! Subheading Level 2
> !!!! SubSubHeading Level 3

I think it is user's choice. I did not find any pre-settings.

> Have tried doing "Hide Body" for comments starting with "!" (free format) or
> "C" (fixed form).  But does not look that "Hide Body" does anything.

It does on my side. To activate settings that I did on the fly, I had
to do twice M-x outline-minor-mode

> Then users can change them if they want something else or additional settings.
>
> For emacs-lisp-mode, outline-minor-mode can hide strucutres starting with "(".
>
> For fortran, there can be hiding for lines starting with "subroutine" and
> "function"
> when outline-minor-mode in enabled.

I think that is users' choice.

> Could send a bug report for a feature request.  What do you think
> Jean?

I think that few variables are not customizable, but there is no need
for feature request related to headings for specific mode as
outline-minor-mode is a users' choice.

General settings could be better, I have already explained how it
could work, but it is up to developers to decide on it.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/