Re: Printf and quoting in general, SQL injection in particular [was: Ema

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Printf and quoting in general, SQL injection in particular [was: Emacs Modular Configuration: the preferable way]
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 08:39:45 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> (type-of "/usr/bin/emacs") ; string
> (type-of "/usr/bin/emacs-27.2") ; string
>
> Repeat after me: "The meaning of a string is not equal to
> its type.."

(require 'cl-lib)

(setq denominator 1) ; 1

(cl-decf denominator) ; 0

(/ 1 denominator) ; Arithmetic error - oh, no!

OK, lissen up guys - this does it! From now on, no more
subtraction from integer denominators! This example shows the
dangers of that. Please use `denominator-arithmetics' that
will make sure the denominator isn't accidentally set to 0
before division. /Administration

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal