Re: How to have a variable always set for emacs --debug-init

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: How to have a variable always set for emacs --debug-init
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:59:49 +0200

"Y. E." <yugenekr@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you!

You are welcome.

> You've shown me the right way to think about it:
> I can just put this setting to the earliest loaded init-file,
> so any later met errors won't prevent the setting from
> load.
> So yes, that's not --debug-init issue as I wrongly thought.

So you're having problems with your initialization files and wished to
ensure that that variable was always set regardless. Yes, putting the
setting at the start of your initialization file should do the trick.

> That was my first message here, so I'll go now to look for
> some instructions on how to mark/close resolved questions.

This is just a mailing list, not a bug reporting system, there is no
method for marking questions as resolved.

Debbugs (the Emacs bug reporting system) is a different thing, as it is
mixture of a mailing list and a database and it allows for bugs to be
closed, no wonder that you are confused.