RE: [External] : dired customization

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : dired customization
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 16:09:07 +0000

> in dired I can use 'New Frame' (C-x 5 2) to display a previously
> selected file in a new, bigger frame.
>
> Looking through the customization options for dired I did not find a
> solution for the following question:
>
> Which option do I have to change to alter the dimensions of this new frame?

Dired does not have any settings that control
frame size.

The characteristics of the frame you get when
you use `C-x 5 2' are those defined by option
`default-frame-alist'.

However, if you want to _clone_ the selected
frame, that is, copy it as a new frame with the
same characteristics as the current frame, then
you can use command `clone-frame' from library
`frame-cmds.el'.  I bind that to `C-x 5 2'
instead of the default binding, which is to
command `make-frame-command'.

Code:
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/frame-cmds.el

Doc: