Re: Package cl is deprecated

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Package cl is deprecated
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 10:38:41 +0800

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 2:11 AM Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> wrote:

> On 2021-07-28, at 11:54, Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 28/07/2021 11:46, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> >> $ egrep 'require[ ]*'\''cl' .emacs.d/init.el
> >> (require 'cl-lib)
> >
> > Then it's from a package and you need to identify it.
> >
> > You can try (untested):
> >
> > find .emacs.d/ -name "*.el" -exec grep "(require 'cl)" {} \;
> >
> > But I'm sure there is an easier way to do it from within emacs.
>
> You might be interested in this:
> https://github.com/Malabarba/elisp-bug-hunter

I tried with it, but it failed to hunt any errors out, except that it
will also get the same results given by the following codes in the
very beginning of the `~/.emacs.d/init.el' file:

(setq force-load-messages t)
(setq debug-on-message "Package cl is deprecated")

Hongyi
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province