Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 03:10:46 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> Are these newsgroups or mailing lists? I can't find them on:
> <https://www.gnus.org/resources.html>.

info-gnus-english@gnu.org, however with Gnus and in particular
the mailing-list-to-NNTP gateway Gmane, one can read and
interact with them, and do a lot of other stuff, with the
convenience of the newsgroup organization and interface. (In
this case, as said, as gmane.emacs.gnus.general and
gmane.emacs.gnus.user, respectively.)

You can do old, real Usenet (from for example nntp.aioe.org) -
not sure if that's a good idea as quality hasn't exactly
picked up, but it's possible nonetheless - you can do mailing
lists, as exemplified above, from news.gmane.io - you can do
mail (several backends possible, I recommend nnml) - even read
blogs from gwene.org - all with the same, great interface.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal