Re: "Screen"-like functionality

From: Samuel Banya
Subject: Re: "Screen"-like functionality
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 20:02:32 -0400

Second reply to this list.

I think most people in this thread don't understand how awesome have different
panes of pre-selected terminals, or ncurses type programs in a specific
designation of split panes can be. I think that's primarily what the main
person who asked the question is after. I don't think the main OP is after
figuring out how to manipulate the buffer list itself.

Just wanted to note, please check out my post with my previous research as I
think you'll find what you're looking for.

Also, my take on default buffer management in Emacs is that it sucks by
default, but the iBuffer package helps a tad bit.

I'll have to join this thread in that I too have been seeking something that
allows you to designate a couple of pre-loaded buffers, or programs loaded via
ansi-term or vterm that would be saved, and interacted with, just in the same
method on how 'tmux' does different windows of buffers.