Re: Gnus accumulating copies of a draft when sending is not possible

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Gnus accumulating copies of a draft when sending is not possible
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 09:50:21 +0200

> Do you by any chance have numbered backup files?  Check the value of
> the =version-control= variable.

Well - I see the same.  After a failed sending attempt there seems to be
a modified message buffer, and when exiting Gnus that buffer seems to be
saved as a new draft each time.  Toggling `version-control' doesn't make
a difference.

Has anybody actually tried to reproduce???  I just used an address like
"test" and tried to send.

> Maybe have a look at the contents of the ~/News/drafts/drafts
> directory?  (or elsewhere if you change the default location)

Doesn't look like numbered backups.  Looks like normal files
corresponding to the draft copies one sees in Gnus.

Michael.