Re: Gnus accumulating copies of a draft when sending is not possible

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Gnus accumulating copies of a draft when sending is not possible
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 16:53:30 +0200

> Are there duplicated drafts on disk in the drafts directory?

Yes. Today they are numbered 1, 3, 5, ...

They are not absolutely identical for me.  1, the only one I saved
explicitly without trying to send before, has no Message-ID and Date and
these fields.

The files 3, 5, ... have these fields, and these fields differ.

I also found that each duplicate seems to start as an auto-save-file,
e.g. #3#.  But it gets picked up by Gnus, it gets listed as draft, and
after each failed send attempt, #3# has become 3, and I have another
#5#, and so on.  Didn't investigate what causes the auto-save files to
become a file which isn't named #*#.

Michael.