Re: [External] : A peek to the other side

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : A peek to the other side
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 04:45:46 +0100

Drew Adams wrote:

> Intention to be internal, as a _Note to (communal) self_
> that XYZ might be fragile, or might need to change soon, or
> has this limitation, or whatever, is better written out
> specifically in comments or doc - saying why, in what ways,
> under what conditions, etc. Specifics, reasons - think it
> out and express it explicitly. Don't just label: `--'.

Indeed, if it doesn't do anything it has no meaning ...

If it has meaning in the sense we hope it will be used
correctly by the guy writing the code and this meaning will
hopefully reach the guy reading the code and this meaning will
hopefully be correctly conveyed to him and hopefully acted
upon as intended then ... how often do we hope all that
will happen?

When it comes to humans, even a simple task like closing
a door or putting back a tool in its right place ... this
fails _at least_ one or two times out of five.

That kind of half-random stuff should never be built into
computers and programming languages ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal