Re: emacs-w3m, how? - Re: how many Emacs blogs are there?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m, how? - Re: how many Emacs blogs are there?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 17:22:01 +0100

Samuel Banya wrote:

> If its an interface for 'w3m' does that mean it pulls its
> configuration from ~/.w3m?

I don't think so.

> I ask this because I had a pretty nicely customized w3m, and
> wondered if I could carry this over. Curious if anyone else
> configured it like this.

You can, well, most likely, if they apply.

But I think you have to carry it over manually by setting up
the corresponding Elisp options ... What options are they if
it isn't a secret? I can help, maybe.

  w3m-init-file is a variable defined in ‘w3m.el’.

  Its value is "~/.emacs-w3m"

  Your emacs-w3m startup file name. If a file with the ‘.el’
  or ‘.elc’ suffixes exists, it will be read instead.
  Nil means no init file will be loaded.

  Note: This file is used as the startup configuration *NOT*
  for the w3m command but for emacs-w3m. In order to modify
  configurations for the w3m command, edit the file named
  "~/.w3m/config" normally.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal