Re: About the activation of minor modes

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: About the activation of minor modes
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 02:26:56 -0300

On Sun, 6 Mar 2022 at 02:04, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU
Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> Eduardo Ochs wrote:
>
> > The function `find-epp' of eev pretty-prints its argument
> > and shows the result in a temporary buffer, and this
> >
> >   (find-epp (macroexpand '
> >
> >     (define-minor-mode A-mode
> >       "Help for A-mode"
> >       :init-value nil
> >       :global nil
> >       :lighter " A")
> >
> >   ))
> >
> > shows exactly what this `define-minor-mode' does. I _guess_
> > that it should be easy to modify the (define-minor-mode
> > A-mode ...)
>
> Yeah ... _guess_es are that should be pretty easy: obscure
> 3rd-party software, `macroexpand', a quoted piece of Lisp (a
> note to the OP, a `quote' turns Lisp software into data,
> however now the macro ... err, whatever).
>
> Study this example instead.
>
> What do you see happening in the below code?
>
> (abbrev-mode           -1)
> (auto-encryption-mode  -1)
> (file-name-shadow-mode -1)
> (gpm-mouse-mode        -1)
> (menu-bar-mode         -1)
> (tooltip-mode          -1)
>
> (font-lock-mode)
> (transient-mark-mode)

Hi Emanuel,

In the page about the elisp tutorial that comes with eev -

  http://angg.twu.net/find-elisp-intro.html

there's this line here:

  When I announced this on an Emacs mailing list the feedback was
  quite bad. See the thread.

The thread only has messages by you and me.
You are _THE_ example of a person who hates eev... =/

  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/#eev