Re: Special configuration needed for eww + gnutls? [emacs 28.1]

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Special configuration needed for eww + gnutls? [emacs 28.1]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 14:00:01 -0400

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 1:28 PM Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:

> scripter.co works for me with GnuTLS 3.7.1
>
> This might be the Letʼs Encrypt cross-signing certificate expiry
> issue, which is fixed in GnuTLS >= 3.6.14 See eg
> <https://blog.germancoding.com/2021/04/16/lets-encrypt-and-expired-root-certificates/>

Thanks!

> (although Iʼm wondering why itʼs taken so long for you to notice)

It just means that I haven't used eww in a long time (at least since
April 2021) 😁

I tried updating gnutls locally on my machine (where I don't have root
privileges)
- Tried to update gnutls, but it failed because I don't have libnettle.
- Tried to install libnettle, but if failed because
"downloads/nettle-3.7.3/examples/nettle-openssl.c:408: undefined
reference to `EVP_MD_CTX_new'"

I guess I will have to ask the sysadmin to update the gnutls lib.

Thanks for your help! This explains why eww works for me the last time
it worked (> 2 years back) and why it doesn't work now.