Re: Question Regarding Creating A Random Buffer For Keybinding Reminders

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Question Regarding Creating A Random Buffer For Keybinding Reminders / Attempt To Do Via A Reminder Hydra
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 15:55:12 -0300

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 at 11:44, Samuel Banya <sbanya@fastmail.com> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> So I have several Hydras and other very config centric keybindings throughout
> my Emacs config, to the point where I often forget about these until I view
> them in my Org Mode based config.
>
> I tried to create a related Hydra as more of a 'reminder', but its now
> complaining since the actual keybindings aren't valid.
>
> Is there a better method of displaying a reminder for custom keybindings so
> that I can personally choose how I want to present the entire buffer with
> reminders?

Hi Samuel,

if you were asking how people would display reminders using their
favorite tools, then here is my way. It needs eev but it doesn't need
eev-mode being turned on. See:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html#1
  (find-eev-quick-intro "1. Installing eev")
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-load.el.html#autoloads

The preparation is:

  mkdir ~/HELP/
  cd    ~/HELP/
  wget http://angg.twu.net/HELP/sb-reminders

and the lisp code is:

  ;; See: (find-eev "eev-load.el" "autoloads")
  ;;      (find-eev-quick-intro)
  ;;      (find-multiwindow-intro)
  ;;      (find-multiwindow-intro "3. High-level words")
  ;;      (find-multiwindow-intro "3. High-level words" "find-2a")
  (require 'eev-load)

  (defun rems ()
    "Display Samuel Banya's reminders at the window at the right.
  See: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2022-04/msg00119.html";
    (interactive)
    (find-2a nil '(find-fline "~/HELP/sb-reminders")))

Cheers,
  Eduardo Ochs
  http://angg.twu.net/#eev