Re: Navigating an enormous code base

From: Marcus Harnisch
Subject: Re: Navigating an enormous code base
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:45:11 +0200

On 28/04/2022 16.34, John Yates wrote:
On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 4:38 AM Marcus Harnisch <mh-gmane@online.de> wrote:

Ggtags won't be able to tell if files have been renamed or added, I am
afraid. (it might notice deletions, though)

That is crucial.  A very large part of my work is untangling
decades of cruft (including migration from C to C++).
I do a tremendous amount of refactoring: moving and
renaming files.  I need a scheme that can handle such
churn gracefully.

Actually, as Leo has pointed out, the gtags program should be able to notice *unless* you are using a fixed list of files like me.