Re: Spaces rather than tabs by a major mode hook

From: goncholden
Subject: Re: Spaces rather than tabs by a major mode hook
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 00:07:29 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Sunday, June 12th, 2022 at 9:56 AM, goncholden <goncholden@protonmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]

The defeating part is that even if I introduce TABs with

(global-set-key (kbd "TAB") (kbd "C-q TAB"))

or

(local-set-key (kbd "TAB") 'self-insert-command)

and using

(setq tab-always-indent nil)

all tabs get forcefully removed once one hits return at end of line.  I could
be that emacs introduces some indentation spaces on the next line but to then
remove all tabs on the previous line is excessive.