Re: How to persist registers across sessions?

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: How to persist registers across sessions?
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 16:30:17 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Any reason you are insisting on reinventing the wheel, when we already
> have desktop.el?  It does all that, and is ready to be used (I use it
> all the time).
>
> Is anything wrong with using desktop-save-mode?

I am a user of desktop-save-mode. And I have set desktop-restore-frames
to 't'. But that isn't related to my use-case. As of now what
desktop-restore-frames does is launches Emacs with the same height and
width dimensions apart from loading the same buffers that were open when
I closed Emacs.

Can I do this (below) with desktop-save-mode?

Save window configuration for a project and reload the same window
configuration at will, when I switch to that project.

Michael pointed at some low-level methods that I can use *or* I can use
the packages shared by others. But I still prefer a builtin fascility if
that already exist.