Re: How to persist registers across sessions?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to persist registers across sessions?
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 21:03:28 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2022-07-02 20:42]:
> > Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 20:19:51 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> >
> > > I pointed to frameset.el, which is a lower-level infrastructure used
> > > by desktop.el.  It should allow you to save and restore windows of a
> > > single frame, if that suits your needs better.
> >
> > It looks similar, but I cannot know why it does not work. I get error:
>
> With what code did you get this error?  It's impossible to tell
> anything intelligent without seeing the code you used.

(frameset-restore (car (read-from-string (prin1-to-string (frameset-save
(frame-list))))))

However, it is interesting what is happening when one evaluates
the above code in `emacs -Q', many frames are appearing
exponentially.

Actually, I need window configuration, not really frames, and
definitely there must be system to recognize that frame set
configuration was restored, and is there and existing before new
same frames start appearing.

In general the function that Hyperbole has {C-h h w a My-Windows RET}
is what I need, just that it may be saved over sessions.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/