Re: Box cursor at EoL

From: Dr Rainer Woitok
Subject: Re: Box cursor at EoL
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:03:13 +0200

Eli,

On Friday, 2022-10-07 18:37:38 +0300, you wrote:

> >    (lambda () (while-no-input
> >                  (set-frame-parameter nil               ; Current frame.
> >                                       'cursor-type      ; Variable name.
> >                                       (if (eolp) EoL-Cursor ; EoL value.
> >                                                      Cursor ; Nrm value.
> >    )          )  )                    )
> >
> > That works in different frames,  but of course not  in different windows
> > within the same frame.  However replacing function `set-frame-parameter´
> > with `set-window-parameter´ prevented the hook function  from working at
> > all, so `cursor-type´ doesn't seem to be a legal window parameter :-(
>
> How do you access cursor-type when it is a window parameter?

Erm, I don't.  Emacs does (at least when I use `setq´ or `set-frame-par-
ameter´).   I just specify which cursor I want to see in which situation
and have Emacs do the rest.

But thinking twice,  my assumption regarding "`cursor-type´ doesn't seem
to be a legal window parameter" might be wrong; it could as well be that
Emacs just doesn't look there  for a cursor specification  and thus uses
the default cursor all the time in that case.

Sincerely,
  Rainer