Re: Lisp error on function :documentation

From: Heime
Subject: Re: Lisp error on function :documentation
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 03:50:25 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Sunday, October 16th, 2022 at 3:37 AM, Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:

> Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com writes:
>
> > Is there something equivalent to the undocumented use of
> > ":documentation" ?
>

> Use the function-documentation property of the function's name. Lots of
> examples in the sources.
>
> Michael.

Yielded the following.  That's it right ?  But I see that the original docstring
gets deleted.  Any way to avoid this and be able to append to the initial
docstring?

(defvar icstyle-details "Some more details")

(defun icstyle (sty)

   "Set style used for alerting user about possible minibuffer completions."

   (put 'icstyle 'function-documentation icstyle-details)