Re: How to open file unconditionally?

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: How to open file unconditionally?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 10:59:28 +0200

Le lun. 17 oct. 2022 à 06:05, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> a écrit :

> * Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com> [2022-10-16 13:30]:
> >
> > If it is the latter, this answer should do it:
> > https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/52513/184
>
> That solution is incomplete. I am opening image, the above solution is
> showing me the source of the SVG file, and not the SVG as image.

Crude answer: turning on image-mode (or whatever you use, I don't really
know how people use emacs for images) in the new buffer should work.
A more surgical answer would have to go through auto-mode-alist,
magic-mode-alist and interpreter-mode-alist to select the correct mode for
the new buffer.

> > If it is the former, and assuming that you want to show the on-disk
> content
> > of the file, find-file-noselect has a 'nowarn second argument disabling
> the
> > prompt.
> > So (switch-to-buffer (find-file-noselect FILE t)) should work.
>
> I have tried the above one, it does not overwrite the file in
> buffer. It switches to the buffer. But newly modified picture is not
> loaded.

Does adding a (revert-buffer nil t) work?

If you always want to load the new picture as soon as it's generated,
enabling auto-revert-mode in the buffer would also do the trick.

Thibaut