Re: Problems with flyspell and accents

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Problems with flyspell and accents
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 09:37:57 +0200

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 09:13:09AM +0200, Sébastien Gendre wrote:

> As the word suggested by ispell where in french, I think the default
> dictionary is set to French language (like my system).
>
> But if, after called `flyspell-mode`, I set the dictionary to fr_FR with

I don't have even a shallow knowledge of ispell, so take my advice
with care...

To me, it looks that whatever is deciding "what is a word" to wrap
it up and send it to the spell checker doesn't consider accented
characters to be word characters.

I would first look at what your current mode "sees as a word".

Cheers