Re: sql-postgres connect using URL

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: sql-postgres connect using URL
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 07:11:16 +0300

* Rob Sargent <rsargent@xmission.com> [2022-10-28 04:56]:
> Yeah, that follows the expected pattern and my usual usage but I need to use
> the URL style connection string.  I don't believe the command line args
> include keepalives*

I do not think that type of URL style connection string relates to
Emacs Lisp sql-postgres.  It uses `psql' client.

How sure are you that such string should work?

Another issue about keepalives is that such are configured by server
and not by client in PostgreSQL.

See manual page of `psql': (man "psql") -- I can't find any reference
to keepalives there.

Your URL based keepalives most probably relate to some client in other
programming language; not to server.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns