Re: Problems positioning and sizing Emacs frames

From: Dr Rainer Woitok
Subject: Re: Problems positioning and sizing Emacs frames
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 12:37:50 +0100

Po Lu,

On Tuesday, 2022-12-20 09:41:35 +0800, you wrote:

> Your window manager decided to force some kind of sliding behavior on
> Emacs.

What is making you so sure?  You don't even know what window manager I'm
using.   And regardless of what kind of  windows I ask my window manager
to open it makes them the size I want and places them where I want.   In
particular I don't have this problem  with XEmacs frames  which at least
are somewhat akin to Emacs frames.

Sincerely,
  Rainer