Re: Problems positioning and sizing Emacs frames

From: Dr Rainer Woitok
Subject: Re: Problems positioning and sizing Emacs frames
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 14:34:08 +0100

Po Lu,

On Tuesday, 2022-12-20 20:32:54 +0800, you wrote:

> > What is making you so sure?
>
> The fact that any further frames created moved to the right.  That is
> not something any code in Emacs can do.

I fear Emacs could:  by simply not  providing coordinates  to the window
manager, thus forcing the latter to make them up itself.

But this is a MINOR point anyway, I could even live with that.  The main
point was that Emacs  or my way of setting it up  caused the window size
and position  not to be dealt with  the way I wanted.   It could well be
that it's my set-up which forced Emacs  to pass wrong information to the
window manager,  but currently I don't see what's wrong and am therefore
asking the combined wisdom of this list.

Sincerely,
  Rainer