Re: Any packages using ThingAtPointPlus for activation?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Any packages using ThingAtPointPlus for activation?
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 16:10:53 +0300

* Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> [2023-01-03 09:17]:
> just one comment... `hyperscope-action-button' is written in a way
> that I don't like: it doesn't let us inspect what is the thing at
> point before doing something with the thing at point, and so it is
> hard to debug. I would factor it in at least two functions, and the
> lower-level one would be something like this, but I've omitted the
> case that tests for interned symbols...
>
> (defun ee-thing-at-point ()
>   (cond ((thing-at-point 'symbol) (list 'symbol (thing-at-point 'symbol)))
>         ((thing-at-point 'url)    (list 'url    (thing-at-point 'url)))
>         ((thing-at-point 'email)  (list 'email  (thing-at-point 'email)))
>         ((thing-at-point 'number) (list 'number (thing-at-point 'number)))
> ))

I accept the good idea. I would move into that soon anyway. This is
yet time of thinkering. It is all based on the concept of jumping to
various tings as it is already implemented in Hyperbole.

I wish to bypass Hyperbole, use things with priority myself, and let
the rest be handled by Hyperbole eventually.

Using M-RET is great thing as it is easily accessible action button as
demonstrated in Hyperbole.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns