Retrieve values of variables in remote files

From: André A . Gomes
Subject: Retrieve values of variables in remote files
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 15:42:56 +0200

Hi,

I expected that running the following on a remote Tramp buffer would
give me the right value.

(with-connection-local-variables shell-file-name)
=> "/bin/sh"

The right value would be "/data/data/com.termux/files/urs/bin/bash"
since this is a remote buffer on Termux.

I'm a bit surprised since xref-matches-in-files uses
with-connection-local-variables and it always gets the right values.

Any idea?  Thank you.

--
André A. Gomes
"You cannot even find the ruins..."