Re: PSGML broken?

From: Ulrich Deiters
Subject: Re: PSGML broken?
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 11:24:30 +0100

So I think what you should do is:

  . start Emacs
  . type "M-x load-library RET psgml RET

Then try visiting your XML files and see if things work better now.

This succeeds with the system-wide installed Emacs-27.2, not
with Emacs-28.2, which is still in the installation directory
(it reports psgml as installed, but cannot find the library).

Using the Emacs-27.2:
I visited one of my XML files, and, for the first time, I got
the correct SGML menu in the menu bar. So there is some progress.
However, when I try to use this menu to load a DTD or to
insert a tag attribute, all I get is the error message
"Symbol's value as variable is void:
default-enable-multibyte-characters"
What should I do to get rid of this error message?

(These two lines are from the PSGML manual, which comes with the
package; did you read it?)

I saw these lines elsewhere. But where is the PSGML manual?
It is not included in the distribution, and the link on the
GNU page (to lysator.se) is broken.

Regards,

Ulrich