Re: disappearing lines

From: Peter Münster
Subject: Re: disappearing lines
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 20:31:52 +0100

On Mon, Jan 16 2023, Arash Esbati wrote:

> You can check your last keystrokes with `C-h l':

This is not so easy, it works only in the same emacs session.
Last time, I've discovered the disappearance of the lines 9 days later.
I make daily backups, so I've used the diff between backup of 9 days ago
and 8 days ago, to restore my file. It's annoying, because it's a very
big file, with all things that I need to remember. About 20k lines.
And about 300 lines have vanished...
I would really like to understand, how this could happen...

No, I don't have a cat, walking on the keyboard... ;)

> | To record all your input, use ‘open-dribble-file’.

I guess, that it would be very hard to find the bad keypress several
days later. There are no timestamps...

Best,
--
           Peter