Re: disappearing lines

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: disappearing lines
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 18:00:30 +0300

* Peter Münster <pm@a16n.net> [2023-01-17 09:52]:
> On Mon, Jan 16 2023, Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > Did you find in backups?
>
> What?
>
> Yes, I did find the vanished lines.
>

> > Did you watch in todo file in ~/.emacs.d/todo/ or where?
>
> My todo.org is elsewhere.

Entschuldigung Peter, but I was thinking you use todo-mode and not Org
mode.

There are many ways how I have lost lines of code. Not that I can
remember how I came to it. But it happens.

I have implemented automatic version control system by using database,
so I do not think about it. But when I need something missing, I
recall it back, or can do diff over previous snapshots and find what
is missing.

It can happen to me due to invoking unknown commands or human
mistakes.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns