RE: [External] : Re: Log all my issued commands and keyboard operations.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Log all my issued commands and keyboard operations.
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 02:16:04 +0000

> > I want to see something as follows:
> >
> > M-x describe-char  ;; execute-extended-command
>
> Not in vanilla Emacs, but there are packages which graphically prepare
> the output similar to that - with slightly different features -
> e.g. "command-log-mode" or "interaction-log".

`showkey-log-mode' does it.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ShowKey

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/showkey.el
___

 showkey-log-mode is an interactive Lisp function in 'showkey.el'.

 (showkey-log-mode &optional ARG)

 Global minor mode that logs the keys you use.
 See options `showkey-log-erase-keys', `showkey-log-ignored-events',
 and `showkey-log-frame-alist' for customization.

 Note that keys such as `C-g' that quit, and keys that raise an error,
 are not logged.

See also minor mode `showkey-tooltip-mode'.