Re: Traversing Makefile?

From: kk_oop
Subject: Re: Traversing Makefile?
Date: 5 Feb 2006 04:34:01 -0800

kk_oop@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi.  I'm new to make files.  I'm trying to write one to do this:
>
> 1.  Starting at a Top Directory, I want to traverse all subdirectories
> that are called UnitTest and execute an existing makefile in each one.
> This
> will cause g++ to run and create .o files in those subdirectories.
>
> 2. Do a link using all the .o files in the same traversal of
> subdirectories plus a file called testsute.o in the Top Directory
> (testsuite.o has the main( ) in it).
>
> Any suggestions/samples/resources to recommend?  Note that I'll be
> running the makefile on unix.
>
> Thanks for any input!
>
> Ken

Hi again.  I determined that I can do bullet 1 with a shell script.  So
at this point, I'm just seeking an answer to bullet 2.

Thanks!

Ken

Note that the solution to bullet 1 can be found here:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.shell/browse_frm/thread/749fec38ac128acf/8fbf3f9c91bdc2b9?lnk=st&q=kk_oop&rnum=1&hl=en#8fbf3f9c91bdc2b9