Re: [Help-gnucap] [Fwd: [Fwd: Open node in transistor circuit]]

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] [Fwd: [Fwd: Open node in transistor circuit]]
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:08:02 -0500

Sorry about the delay.  I am travelling.

HTML postings and postings with attachments are held for moderation,
which may add a few days before anything appears on the list.  Please
use plain text, and include netlists as plain text.

One reason for this is the archives and digest.  Attachments look like
garbage in the archives and digest,  The other reason is spam.  The
list receives hundreds of spams per day.  Fortunately there is
automatic filtering, but there is a  grey zone that is held for
moderation.

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 06:03, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
> >> I try to download gnucap cvs version but I can't find it, where I
> >> can to obtain it?
>
> I had seen old gnucap page, in www.gnucap.org I can see how to obtain
> cvs snapshoot.

I am still using RCS, have not updated it.  Use the development
snapshots.  You wouldn't want the broken in-between ones anyway.

> I test with "2006-11-20" and (yesterday) "2006-12-04" version and
> circuit doesn't work. (PowerPC machine here)
>
> I test too in another machine -amd 64- and I obtain again «open node»
> and same issue on outputs.
>
> Gnucap version on these other machine is Debian Sid version.
>
> I test circuit with Ngspice and I obtain the results that I'm wait.

Please post the circuit.  Include it as plain text.  The list is
configured to hold for moderation any post that is not all plain text.
Then, even if accepted, it removes attachments and html.

You should get the same results with gnucap and ng-spice, within a
reasonable tolerance.