[Help-gnucap] Graphics output

From: Per Bull Holmen
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Graphics output
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:26:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hey, I'll try again - in hopes that the list is not
completely dead. My last problem is now solved, though
I did code some plain c++ (don't know whether that was
really necessary). Now gnucap turns out to be far
superior to any other simulator I've tried, for my
purpose... :) Those other ones include LT-Spice,
ng-spice, MacSpice and more. Thanks to Al Davis and
other contributors!!

Anyway, it seems I don't get graphics output from the
plot commands? At first I thought there was some shell
variable thing, and tried setting DISPLAY environment
variable - but then I thought perhaps gnucap is not
meant to output graphics, other than characters based
"graphics" on the command-line?

What do you others recommend for graphics output,
installing gEDA? Or have I missed some settings in
gnucap/shell? I would like to have a simple solution
so that I can easily get a window with a curve by
issuing a single command or perhaps pressing a button.
This is not really scientific engineering... :) I have
gotten quite comfortable with netlists though, so
graphical *input* is not essential, but might get
essential later. As you can see I'm totally
inexperienced with circuitry simulation.

(BTW I'm doing sims on MacOS 10.4 on intel-mac. That's
how I've been able to test both Win Spices and
MacSpice. I prefer to do it the mac way or X-Windows
way, though... :)

--

Mvh
Per Bull Holmen

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought
which they seldom use" - Søren Kierkegaard

Alt i én. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
notisblokk. http://no.mail.yahoo.com