Re: [Help-gnucap] Graphics output

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Graphics output
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 02:43:38 -0400

On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> gtkwave or gnuplot or GNU R. Depends on what you want to do.
>  If you want to browse like oscilloscope, gtkwave. If you
> want calibrated graticules and pretty graphs, gnuplot. If you
> want graphing together with further numerical analysis
> (frequency spectrum of impulse response, statistical
> distributions etc., GNU R.

Does gtkwave work with gnucap???  It doesn't for me.

I think you mean "gwave".  That's what I use when I want a
simple viewer.

I do something like ....

print ac v(nodes)
ac 20 20k decade 3 >somefile
!gwave somefile

Gnucap will pipe to another program, but gwave doesn't accept
pipes.  If it did, you could do:

ac |gwave

but it doesn't work.