[Help-gnunet] Installation problem on gentoo linux

From: PACAUD Damien
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Installation problem on gentoo linux
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:55:30 +0100

hi, i tried to install gnunet under gentoo linux but when i start the daemon,
nothing happens and this is what the log files says :

Feb 18 21:36:33 WARNING: scanDirectory /home/serty2/.gnunet/data/hosts/
returned no known hosts!
Feb 18 21:36:36 Could not open library libgnunetafs_protocol.so
(libgnunetafs_protocol.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory)!
Feb 18 21:36:36 __BREAK__

obviously, the file : libgnunetafs_protocol.so is missing ;). I thought this
might be because i did not actually do the ./configure and the make as the
emerge tool (gentoo system) did it for me...
So i dloaded from the website a new tarball and made it....I had the same
error.....

i tried to locate libgnunetafs_protocol.so on my hdd but no results were
found...

I'm kinda lost here and if anyone could help...that would be greatly
appreciated.......

thanx in advance :)

Damien Pacaud