Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet-check segfaults (broken gdbm files?)

From: Markku Tavasti
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet-check segfaults (broken gdbm files?)
Date: 11 Dec 2003 06:38:48 +0200

Benjamin Kay <address@hidden> writes:

> Whoa! 4-week insert? Either your computer is very slow, or the data you are
> trying to insert is very large (upwards of a several gigabytes).

K6/450, 96M ram, 3 HD's (root & others, shared data, gnunet db). Data
is about 20G (3590 inodes used, most of them are files).

> files should work (and could maybe take you a week or so). Are you having
> gnunet-insert recursively insert/index a large directory?

Like this:

for i in * ; do echo $i ; gnunet-insert -p 5000 -rb $i ; done

> "gnunet-insert -n" will insert, not index, files.

Yes, I know.

> The only reason I can think of to insert rather than indexing is for
> deniability, or if the original file will be deleted.

I think you got my point, both reasons sound fairly good. :-)

I have one 20G hd for gnunet content. And in fact computer running
gnunetd is mostly idle, used only for scanner/cd-burner sometimes. And
house is heated with electricity, so during winter it does not make
difference is it heated with computer or not.

--
M. Tavasti /  address@hidden  /   +358-40-5078254