Re: [Help-gnunet] Node makes lots of connections to itself

From: Christian Schulte
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Node makes lots of connections to itself
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:51:53 +0900

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:39:37 -0700
Steven <address@hidden> wrote:

> My node makes lots of connections to itself.  Is this normal?
>
> I'm behind a hardware nat, I loaded the nat transport, I set LIMITED to "no"
> and I forwarded the apropriate port.  Could there still be a config problem?

One possibility i could imagine is that your node lost its private part of the
hostkey (.hostkey) and regenerated its keypair. That would possibly leave an
old public key in $GNUNET_HOME/data/hosts which carries your own address
information.
But there would still be the problem that you need to connect to yourself via
the nat machine.
So its just an idea.
If you dont care to remove the files in data/hosts/ and your private key, give
it a try.

  Chris