Re: [Help-gnunet] Node makes lots of connections to itself

From: Steven
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Node makes lots of connections to itself
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:15:46 -0700

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 12:51 am, Christian Schulte wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:39:37 -0700
>
> Steven <address@hidden> wrote:
> > My node makes lots of connections to itself.  Is this normal?
> >
> > I'm behind a hardware nat, I loaded the nat transport, I set LIMITED to
> > "no" and I forwarded the apropriate port.  Could there still be a config
> > problem?
>
> One possibility i could imagine is that your node lost its private part of
> the hostkey (.hostkey) and regenerated its keypair. That would possibly
> leave an old public key in $GNUNET_HOME/data/hosts which carries your own
> address information. But there would still be the problem that you need to
> connect to yourself via the nat machine. So its just an idea.
> If you dont care to remove the files in data/hosts/ and your private key,
> give it a try.
>
>   Chris

Think I figured it out:

netstat -anp | grep 42887
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:42887         127.0.0.1:2087
ESTABLISHED 13823/gnunet-gtk
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:2087          127.0.0.1:42887
ESTABLISHED 11647/gnunetd

I saw a connection from local to local, and saw that it was being used by
gnunetd.  Then it finally occured to me that there might be 2 entries in
netstat for connections from gnunet-gtk to gnunetd.  I was right, and that
was what was confusing me so badly.  LOL!  (why are there DOZENS of
connections between gnunet-gtk and gnunetd?  that's pretty strange)

Thanks for you help, and sorry to waste your time.