Re: [Help-gnunet] what's up with indexed_requests.txt ?

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] what's up with indexed_requests.txt ?
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:54:37 +0530

On Friday 06 Aug 2004 12:27 pm, Brent Miller wrote:
> I was just poking around my drive today trying to free up some space and
> I realized that my gnunet dir is using quite a bit of space. The main
> culprit seems to be indexed_requests.txt, so I'm wondering if this file
> can this be safely deleted (after a gnunetd shutdown of course.)

It can be safely deleted (even without a shutdown).

> Also, can this file be used to get an idea of what people are actually
> downloading off my machine?

That was why Igor added this functionality.  It should probably be disabled by
default, though.

> Does it differentiate between actual
> requests and what gnunet pushes out at random?

The current code does not differenciate.

> If so is there an easy way do this?

Yes, that would be possible by adding an additional argument to the
'retrieveContent' and 'encodeOnDemand' functions that specifies the calling
context (lookup or migration).

Christian