Best practice for filesharing?

From: TheJackiMonster
Subject: Best practice for filesharing?
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 17:40:14 +0200

Hi again,

I want to add the filesharing from GNUnet to my current chat GUI which
uses CADET. But I tested downloading a file from GNUnet today and it
required more than 15 minutes to download a 1MB image file...

I even cranked the limits up from my own peer but I assume it's limited
by the other peer/peers who upload the file.

So now I have to choose how to implement it. I guess I could also use
CADET to write a whole file from one peer to another but I would
actually prefer using the FS module because a message which will
visualize the file would only have to contain an URI to it. So the
whole chat wouldn't be delayed...

Maybe it would suffice to get the upload and download limitations of
only the peers up who use the chat application or even only related to
its process. Is there a function to configure something like that
without messing with the user- or global-config?

Thank you for all the help so far. ^^
-Jacki